2012 SWANA Gold Award Winner: Landfill Gas Control
Closure Turf™ is an impermeable synthetic grass for economical and environmentally sound closure of landfills, mine spoils and hazardous sites.
Closure Turf™ can dramatically reduce construction and long-term maintenance costs, while providing improved stability, erosion protection, emission control and leachate reduction.
- Provides rapid closure for odor control and gas management compliance.
- Prevents soil cover failures caused by gas pressure buildup, erosion, low friction and seismic events.
- Eliminates expensive soil cover and borrow locations.
- Shrinks annual operation and maintenance costs.
- Addresses fugitive dust emissions and poor vegetative support characteristic of arid regions.
- Reduces post-closure maintenance cost.
- Superior and reliable aesthetics.
- Eliminates common erosion problems and can lower total suspended solids (TSS) in surface water.
- Installs on very steep slopes due to friction characteristics and flow capacity.
- Minimizes infiltration due to no head build-up on the geomembrane.
- Reduces or eliminates riprap channels and drainage benches.
- Prevents erosion and siltation, even during severe weather events.
- Reduces leachate production due to faster capping.
- Provides solution for covering future “piggyback” and vertical expansion areas that can be used post settlement.
- Offers excellent hydraulic transmissivity and stabilityif the site exit requires a soil cap.
- Improves vector control.